Fred Davis, winner of Irish Sweep smiles at his good luck, San Pedro, 1936
- Fred Davis, winner of Irish Sweep smiles at his good luck, San Pedro, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- May 24, 1936
- No linguistic content and English
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph of Fred Davis, winner of Irish Sweeps. He wears a hat that says in English “Railway Express Agency”.
This photograph appears with the article, “AMERICANS WIN HEAVILY ON ‘SWEEPS’: Awards Total $956,880 Thirty in Southland Among 432 Fortunates in First-Day Drawing,” Los Angeles Times, 24 May 1936: 1.
The insert that accompanies this photograph says “City Desk TIMES: Here’s a negative of Fred Davis, San Pedro man who drew ‘Precipitation’ in the Irish Sweeps. Waldo Drake requested the negative. Its [sic] undeveloped. He’s got the story. –Herm Wilson, Matson Line. 1936”. The Item Ark for this insert is 21198/zz002j7vst.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded