Queen Barbara Dougall rides her float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Queen Barbara Dougall rides her float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 1, 1939
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Rose Parade Awes 1,250,000," Los Angeles Times, 03 Jan 1939: 1, 13.
17-year-old Barbara Dougall was given thunderous applause from her legion of subjects at the Tournament of the Roses, the Crown City's New Year's gift since 1888.
Barbara waves from the center of a large decorative rose fashioned as a throne where she sits. Two other women in white gowns can be seen sitting directly on the float on the outside of the throne.
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.