Spectators on Derby Day at Santa Anita, February 22, 1937.
- Spectators on Derby Day at Santa Anita, February 22, 1937.
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- February 22, 1937
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Spectators at a $50,000 Derby day at the Santa Anita racetrack on February 22, 1937. The crowd in attendance was estimated at 45,000 spectators. Twenty-three horses raced that day, beating out the Kentucky Derby's record of twenty-two starting horses at that time. The $50,000 purse was won by the horse Fairy Hill.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .