Bozena Grotte and H. H. Van Loan verify the legality of their marriage, Los Angeles, 1935
- Bozena Grotte and H. H. Van Loan verify the legality of their marriage, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- November 8, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Wed, Says Van Loan," Los Angeles Times, 09 Nov 1935: A3.
Bozena holds a pen over the license as Herbert stands beside her.
Even though playwright H. H. Van Loan and authority on Jewish history Bozena Grotte were married in Tijuana eight months ago when they learned that their marriage was of questionable legality they decided to go to the county clerk's office to file an intention to marry. Van Loan is divorced from his first wife and Grotte is a widow.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.