Boxer Wally Hall and his mother Florence, Los Angeles, 1936
- Boxer Wally Hall and his mother Florence, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 23, 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Wally wraps one arm around his mother's shoulder while she fixes the glove on his other arm.
Photograph appears with the article, "Wally Hally Heading for Boxing Heights," Los Angeles Times, 19 Jan 1936: A10.
Blond-haired, short-statured Walter Haliwell, known as "Wally Hally", seemed an unlikely boxer, but with the help of coach Jerry Pelton has proved remarkably successful, and has received trepidation but ultimately love and support from his minister father in his choice of career.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded