Arch-Abbott S. Ohtani presents Mayor Frank L. Shaw with a gift, Los Angeles, 1934
- Arch-Abbott S. Ohtani presents Mayor Frank L. Shaw with a gift, Los Angeles, 1934
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- December 31, 1934
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Arch-Abbott S. Ohtani of the Hongwanji Buddhist movement presents Major Frank L. Shaw with a bronze incense burner after visiting American temples. From left to right in the front is Mayor Shaw and Arch-Abbott S. Ohtani. Directly behind them, left to right, is Rev. H. Sasaki of the local temple and Rev. T. Sasaki, secretary to the Arch-Abbott. The three unidentified men are possibly Rev. J. Yukawa, Rev. J.A. Goldwater, Rev. E. Washioka or F. Yano.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .