Murder suspect Robert S. James on the witness stand, Los Angeles, 1936
- Murder suspect Robert S. James on the witness stand, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- [circa May 1936]
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Robert S. James on the witness stand in an empty courtroom. James had tied down his pregnant fifth wife and forced a rattlesnake to bite her, and then later drowned her in their fish pond. He was supposedly helped by his friend, ex-sailor Charles H. Hope, who was also charged with murder.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .