R. H. W. Schafer, Roland West, Robert Anderson, and Mae Whitehead at grand jury hearings into death of actress Thelma Todd, circa 1935
- R. H. W. Schafer, Roland West, Robert Anderson, and Mae Whitehead at grand jury hearings into death of actress Thelma Todd, circa 1935
- Date Created
- [December, 1935-January, 1936]
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Taken at grand jury investigation into death of film actress Thelma Todd. Todd was found in the garage of film director West, her business partner and lover, dead from carbon monoxide poisoning. Schafer was the manager of a roadside cafe owned by West and Todd. Anderson was a bartender at the café. Whitehead was Todd’s personal maid. Todd's death was eventually ruled an accident.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .