Herbert and Della Hanson, an American couple living in Ethiopia, Los Angeles County, 1935
- Herbert and Della Hanson, an American couple living in Ethiopia, Los Angeles County, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- October 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Envoy Urges Southland Missionaries to Leave," Los Angeles Times, 05 Oct 1935: 5.
A photograph of a snapshot of the Hansons before they left for Ethiopia.
Elizabeth Thompson, the mother of Mrs. Della Hanson, expresses concern for her daughter and son-in-law, who have been in Ethiopia for about a year. The last time that Mrs. Thompson heard from the couple was August 30, in a letter in which the Hansons expressed concern over the threat of war between Italy and the forces of Emperor Haile Selassie.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.