Mrs. Mary E. Smith, an alternate juror on the murder trial of Paul A. Wright, Los Angeles, 1938
- Mrs. Mary E. Smith, an alternate juror on the murder trial of Paul A. Wright, Los Angeles, 1938
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- [between January 17-February 18, 1938]
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Mrs. Mary E. Smith of Alhambra, serving as an alternate juror for the "White Flame" double homicide trial of aviation executive Paul A. Wright.Wright's defense team, led by famed Los Angeles defense attorney Jerry Giesler, argued that Wright was not guilty by reason of insanity. The jury found Wright guilty of two counts of manslaughter, and subsequently ruled that he had been insane at his sanity trial.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .