Rescue mission after a cave-in at Elysian Park, Los Angeles, 1935
- Rescue mission after a cave-in at Elysian Park, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- December 31, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Two men crouch down in the tunnel, wading in a pool of dirty water with floating debris in it.
Story related to photograph appears with the article, "Cave-In Mystery Park Tunnel Traps Two Men," Los Angeles Times, 23 Dec 1935: 1.
Two men, Mr. Charles William Cheatham and Mr. Lowell Harmer, were trapped by a cave in while exploring an abandoned tunnel, eventually rescued by the fire department.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.