Myrtle L. Mantz, aviator and first wife of Paul Mantz, motion picture stunt pilot and consultant. Circa February 1936.
- Myrtle L. Mantz, aviator and first wife of Paul Mantz, motion picture stunt pilot and consultant. Circa February 1936.
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- [circa February, 1936]
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Portrait of aviator Myrtle L. Mantz, nee Harvey, likely taken during her divorce from film stunt pilot and consultant Paul Mantz. Mrs. Mantz was a former flight student of her husband's. They were married in 1932. Their divorce hearing attracted public attention when a "Mrs. Putnam" was named during the divorce hearing, a likely reference to Amelia Earhart, who was married to George Palmer Putnam, publisher. Both Earhart and her husband were friends of Myrtle and Paul Mantz, and Earhart was tutored by Paul Mantz on long distance aviation and navigation. The Mantzes were granted a divorce on June 28, 1936.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .