Nellie May Madison admits to shooting her husband in self-defense, Los Angeles County, 1935
- Nellie May Madison admits to shooting her husband in self-defense, Los Angeles County, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- June 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Nellie has admitted that she shot husband Eric Madison out of self defense after he tried to attack her with a knife.
Nellie rests her chin on the knuckles of her hand.
Photograph appears with the article, "Iron Woman Confesses," Los Angeles times, 21 June 1935: 1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Homicides--California--Los Angeles County
Law & legal affairs--California--Los Angeles County
- Madison, Nellie May, 1895-1953
- Los Angeles County (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.