Envelope addressed to Murdo Graham from the address of the New Monte Cristo Mining Co. dated 21 May 1929, probably photographed in 1929-1933
- Envelope addressed to Murdo Graham from the address of the New Monte Cristo Mining Co. dated 21 May 1929, probably photographed in 1929-1933
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- [between 1929-1933]
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The return address of the letter is that of the New Monte Cristo Mining Co., headed by C. C. Julian. The date of the post mark matches the date of a letter with a progress report sent by C. C. Julian to the company stock holders (see image ark nos. 21198/zz002cv969, 21198/zz002hbmxf, and 21198/zz002hbmvd).
Letter to "Murdo Graham, 308 W 43rd Street, Los Angeles, Calif." postmarked May 21, 1929. The return address is "634 South Spring Street, Los Angeles, Calif."
C. C. Julian was a con man who first hit oil in California in 1923 and over-sold shares in oil syndicates through the 1920'a into the 1930's. His business activities were repeatedly investigated. He committed suicide in Shanghai in 1934.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded