Dixie Miller, Virginia Andrews, Elizabeth Wilkes, Lezetta Buchterkirchen, and Alice Brakenbury with an oil rig in the Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles, 1935
- Dixie Miller, Virginia Andrews, Elizabeth Wilkes, Lezetta Buchterkirchen, and Alice Brakenbury with an oil rig in the Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- November-December 1935
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The women gather around the lobby's oil well drilling rig pointing at a sign beside the rig that lists a detailed schedule of the committee meetings of the American Petroleum Institute.
Just to make them feel at home, a thirty-eight-foot oil derrick has been erected in the lobby of the Biltmore for the 3000 delegates to the sixteenth annual meeting of the American Petroleum Institute, which will continue for five days.
Similar photograph appears with the article, "City Ready For Oil Men," Los Angeles Times, 10 Nov 1935: 28.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Oil well drilling rigs--California--Los Angeles
American Petroleum Institute
Biltmore Hotel (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Buchterkirchen, Lezetta, 1890-1987
Brakenbury, Alice, b. 1905
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.