"Mother" Tusch visits air races, Los Angeles, 1933
- "Mother" Tusch visits air races, Los Angeles, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- July 1933
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph appears with the article, " 'Mother' of all Pilots Visits Air Races Here," Los Angeles Times, 03 July 1933: A2.
Mrs. Mary Tusch of Berkeley has attended almost every major aviation event at the Los Angeles Municipal Airport and is so recognized among the pilots that they affectionately refer to her as their mother, being away from their biological mothers.
Mary Tusch is a plump woman in her 50s wearing a boutonniere, glasses, and a beaded necklace.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded