Mrs. May W. Steele and Mrs. L'Marie Minter, victims of post office robbery, Los Angeles, 1936
- Mrs. May W. Steele and Mrs. L'Marie Minter, victims of post office robbery, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- March 8, 1936
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Bandits Rob Postoffice," Los Angeles Times, 08 Mar 1936: 10.
L'Marie Minter and postmistress May W. Steele stand side-by-side in front of the door to the post office.
Two bandits entered the post office at 6706 South Normandie Avenue and held up customer L'Marie Minter, postmistress May W. Steele and five children - they made off with $111 in cash and 152 money-order blanks.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Postal service employees--California--Los Angeles
Post offices--California--Los Angeles
Steele, May W., Postmistress
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.