S. S. Hahn, William Gibbs McAdoo, Mattison Jones, Joe Scott, and William H. Neblett celebrate court victory, Los Angeles, 1935
- S. S. Hahn, William Gibbs McAdoo, Mattison Jones, Joe Scott, and William H. Neblett celebrate court victory, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- July 26, 1932
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Judge Gates was put on trial for bribery in July of 1932, with McAdoo, Scott, Hahn, Neblett, and Jones as his defense team. He was acquitted on July 26.
Joseph Scott (seated, right) puts his arm around W. G. McAdoo (seated, left). Standing behind them, from left to right, are: S. S. Hahn, Mattison Jones, and William H. Neblett.
This photograph is likely related to the article, "Acquittal Won By Judge Gates," Los Angeles Times, 27 Jul 1932: A1
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Trials (Bribery)--California--Los Angeles
Hahn, S. S. (Samuel S.), 1889-1957
Neblett, William Haynie, b. 1889
Jones, Mattison B.
Scott, Joseph, 1867-1958
McAdoo, W. G. (William Gibbs), 1863-1941
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded