"Poinsettia Sea Serpent" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- "Poinsettia Sea Serpent" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 1, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The "Poinsettia Sea Serpent" float was designed and made by the students of Ventura Junior College and entered by the city of Ventura. The float was 60 feet long and required 2 trucks. The dragon's eyes rolled and its tongue darted in and out as it opened and closed its mouth.
The theme of the 1935 forty-sixth annual Rose Parade was "Golden Legends."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded