E. Richard West, president of the Junior Chamber of Commerce, speaks at a meeting, probably at the Biltmore Los Angeles, 1934
- E. Richard West, president of the Junior Chamber of Commerce, speaks at a meeting, probably at the Biltmore Los Angeles, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
As president of the Junior Chamber of Commerce of Los Angeles, E. Richard Smith guided their efforts to curb communism in 1934. His activity is called the "American Crusade" effort in the article "Many Back Red Attack: Junior Chamber Drive Aided," Los Angeles Times, 15 Jul. 1934: A1.
E. Richard West was the president of the Los Angeles Junior Chamber of Commerce in 1933, and then headed the national organization in 1934. During his time as president of the U.S. Junior Chamber of Commerce he lead a effort to generate a national anti-communist campaign.
E. Richard West, president of the U.S. Junior Chamber of Commerce, speaks at a meeting.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Chambers of commerce--California--Los Angeles
Biltmore Hotel (Los Angeles, Calif.)
West, E. Richard (Erling Richard), 1901-1970
Junior Chamber of Commerce of Los Angeles
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.