Betty Hardaker, mother convicted of murdering her daughter, sits with her brother Samuel Karnes, Jr. in a courtroom, Los Angeles, 1940
- Betty Hardaker, mother convicted of murdering her daughter, sits with her brother Samuel Karnes, Jr. in a courtroom, Los Angeles, 1940
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- February 28, 1940
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Betty Hardaker sits with her brother Samuel Karnes, Jr. while on trial for the murder of her daughter. Mrs. Hardaker was convicted of murdering her 5 year old daughter, Geraldine Hardaker, in a Montebello park washroom. The jury convicted her of committing the crime while of unsound mind.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .