Captain Robert F. Underwood and Detective Lieutenant Richard B. McCreadie break down a door, Los Angeles, 1939
- Captain Robert F. Underwood and Detective Lieutenant Richard B. McCreadie break down a door, Los Angeles, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 13, 1939
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Lodger Who Barricaded Room Held For Observation," Los Angeles Times, 14 Jan 1939: A16.
Captain Underwood holds a shotgun while Det. Lt. McCreadie kicks at the door with his foot, smoking a cigar.
Charles Clark owed $100 in back rent to his landlord Sylvia Rymarzick and barricaded himself in his living quarters, posting a note on the door saying he would kill anyone who tried to enter. Underwood and McCreadie broke into the room to find it empty and apprehended Clark when he returned.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded