"Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- "Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
The theme for the forty-seventh Rose Parade was "History in Flowers"
Pre-parade view of South Pasadena's float at 1936 Tournament of Roses Parade which depicts the court of Louis XVI (Robert de Golia) and Marie Antoinette (Mary Bellerue) in a garden at Versailles with a peacock at the front, and with 2 ladies in waiting (Jeanette Thompson and Mary Jean Lloyd). The float is guarded by out-walkers costumed as Nubian servants. Winner of sweepstakes award at parade.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
De Golia, Robert
Bellerue, Mary Bernice, b. 1918
Thompson, Jeanette, b. 1918
Tournament of Roses
Lloyd, Mary Jean, b. 1918 or 19
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .