Map of a portion of Los Angeles County showing the Abel Stearns' ranches : La Habra, Los Coyotes, San Juan Cajon, Las Bolsas, La Bolsa Chica
- Map of a portion of Los Angeles County showing the Abel Stearns' ranches : La Habra, Los Coyotes, San Juan Cajon, Las Bolsas, La Bolsa Chica
- Place of Origin
- San Francisco, Calif.
- Maps of Los Angeles, California, the United States and the World. Collection 294
Relief shown by hachures. Shows drainage, township and section lines, land ownership, ranchos, settlements, railroads, etc. Los Angeles and San Pedro railroad shown as well as projected railroads from Los Angeles to San Berndardino, to Anaheim and from Compton to Anaheim.
Digitization took place as part of the California Cultures Project.
"Proprietors: E.F.Northan, Edw. Martin, C.B. Polehamns, estate of A. Stearns, Geo. H. Hward, A.W. Bowman"
"5 ranchos 200 square miles in blocks of 1 mile square with road on each side. For sale in section or fractions by Alfred Robinson, trustee of the Los Angeles and San Bernardino Land Office, 524 Market St., corner of Montgomery St., San Francisco or apply to the agency, Los Angeles or Anaheim" "Shaded tracts are sold"
UCLA copy: From the William Starke Rosencrans papers
- 1 map : hand col.
- 46 x 42 cm. on sheet 51 x 47.5 cm.
- cadastral maps
Land grants--California--Los Angeles County--Maps
Real property--California--Orange County--Maps
Landowners--California--Los Angeles County--Maps
Land grants--California--Orange County--Maps
Real property--California--Los Angeles County--Maps
- Stearns, Abel, 1798-1871
- Los Angeles County (Calif.)--Maps and Orange County (Calif.)--Maps
- Resource Type
- still image and cartographic