Horses racing at Santa Anita Park the month it opened, Arcadia, 1934
- Horses racing at Santa Anita Park the month it opened, Arcadia, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- December 1934
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
View of 2 pairs of horses in a race on the main track as they pass the tote board (totalisator) at Santa Anita Park, with horse number 8 in the front pair. The San Gabriel Mountains are visible in the distance. A few people watch from behind the rail.
Santa Anita Park, the oldest thoroughbred racetrack in Southern California, opened on December 25, 1934.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.