Virginia Bruce Gilbert contemplates the attempted kidnapping of her child, Los Angeles, 1936
- Virginia Bruce Gilbert contemplates the attempted kidnapping of her child, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- February 26, 1936
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Parts of the note she is holding can be read. It states, “…if Miss Bruce were in town. She asked…address and telephone number and also stated she was in….and miss Bruce is in great danger. Miss Hall asked…in regard to a child and she stated ‘Yes, in regard to…’…(referring to SUSIE ANN GILBERT, daughter of Miss Bruce)…Mr. Moore states that Miss Hall was given to believe that this warning of a kidnap attempt of Miss Bruce’s child, SUSIE ANN GILBERT”.
This photograph may be associated with the article, “Guarded From Kidnap Threat: BRUCE HOME UNDER GUARD Film Writer Tells How She Received Warning on Kidnaping Plot,” Los Angeles Times, 26 Feb. 1936: A3.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded