Theater troupe members Peggy Duccommon, Harriet Calder, Mrs. Harry Slater, and Elizabeth Finch Abrams prepare for "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs," Los Angeles, 1936
- Theater troupe members Peggy Duccommon, Harriet Calder, Mrs. Harry Slater, and Elizabeth Finch Abrams prepare for "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs," Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- March 25, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Similar photograph appears with the headline, "Nine O'Clocker Dons Armor To Rehearse Fantasy For Children," Los Angeles Times, 08 Mar 1936: D1.
When "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" make their stage appearance Saturday March 23 the Wilshire-Ebell Theater to delight the children in morning and evening performances, Mrs. Gordon Calder of the Assistance League Nine O'clock Players will be the heroic knight. Here she's shown displaying her hardware costume to other troupers, Mrs. Harry Slater, Mrs. John M. Abrams and Miss Peggy Ducommon, at rehearsal of the fairy story play. The Nine O'clock Players annually sponsor a children's show to benefit league charities.
The ladies position themselves around Mrs. Gordon Calder, standing on top of furniture and wearing her suit of armor.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.