Will Rogers commemorative float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Will Rogers commemorative float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Snyder, Bill
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Float representing the China clipper airplane with 'Los Angeles' and 'China Clipper' written on it viewed by crowd to celebrate Los Angeles Pacific air connections. Riding that float are Mariella Ferguson in Spanish costume at the front, and Virginia Grondahl in Hawaiian costume at the back
This view was taken near 337 W. Colorado Blvd.
View of the Laguna Beach entry float of flowers arranged into image of humorist Will Rogers, to commemorate his 1935 death. The float rounds the corner at Orange Grove Blvd. and Colorado Blvd.
The theme for the forty-seventh Rose Parade was "History in Flowers"
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded