Major and Mrs. Sohan L. Bhatia visiting from Bombay, 1935
- Major and Mrs. Sohan L. Bhatia visiting from Bombay, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- September 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
View of Major Sohan L. Bhatia, seated left in suit and tie, hands clasped in lap, and Mrs. Sohan L. Bhatia, seated right in veils, left hand clasping right wrist in lap. Major Sohan Bhatia was an Indian army medical officer who won the Military Cross in 1918 for extraordinary heroism under fire during Allenby's siege of Aleppo, as reported in a related article, “Scion of Ancient Punjab Family Visits Southland.” 9 Sept. 1935: A1.
This photograph appears with the article, "Notables From India Arrive," Los Angeles Times 9 Sept. 1935: A1.
Sohan L. Bhatia was later a colonel and became Inspector-General of Civil Hospitals,Assam, and then Deputy Director-General,Indian Medical Service.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded