Manuscript No. 5 Grigor Tatewac'i's Book of Questions
- Manuscript No. 5 Grigor Tatewac'i's Book of Questions
- Alternative title
- Girk' Harc'manc'
- Date Created
- A.D. 1637
- Armenian Manuscripts
- The codex is a complete copy of Grigor Tatewac'i's "Book of Questions" which is a sort pf ecclesiastical-religious encyclopedia in the form of interrorgations and responses for the use of students. The work is divided into ten books.
- Grigor Tatewac'i's "Book of Questions" appeared in two editions, the first published at New Julfa in 1685-87 and the second at Constantinople in 1729.
- 557 fols.
- 21x15 cm.
- Illustrations note
- This manuscript's illustrations consist of the one half-page headpiece (fol. 6) eleven small one-column headpieces (fols. 1, 2, 57, 115, 155v. 211, 255, 350, 375, 417v, and 479v) with accompanying marginal ornaments and decorative initials, and two charts (fols. 193v and 328v).
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Copyright Status
- public domain
- No license recorded