This week's cover artist William de la Torre, Los Angeles, 1935
- This week's cover artist William de la Torre, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- July 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
William is a smiling young man in a suit and tie with styled dark hair.
20-year-old William De La Torre studied art at the Belmont High School. He graduated in 1934 and proceeded to earn a year's scholarship at the Otis Art Institute. He cam here with his parents from Juarez as a small child and he likes to paint the scenes of his native land, working from models and photographs.
Photograph appears with the article, "About This Week's Cover," Los Angeles Times, 21 July 1935: E14.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.