Austin Clapp, Olympic medalist, at the Ambassador Hotel Plunge event, Los Angeles, 1928
- Austin Clapp, Olympic medalist, at the Ambassador Hotel Plunge event, Los Angeles, 1928
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- August 1928
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Austin Clapp was an American swimmer and water polo player who competed in the 1928 and 1932 Summer Olympics. In 1928 he won a gold medal in the 4x200 m freestyle relay event and in 1932 he was a member of American water polo team, which won a bronze medal.
Swimmer Austin Clapp holding 2 displays of his swimming medals at the Ambassador Hotel Plunge event in Los Angeles. A life preserver behind him is inscribed: "Ambassador Hotel Plunge, Los Angeles, Calif." Clapp and several other athletes participated in the Plunge event en route to the senior national outdoor championships at Honolulu.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.