"Celestial Dragon" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- "Celestial Dragon" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 1, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The theme of the 1935 forty-sixth annual Rose Parade was "Golden Legends."
The "Celestial Dragon" float features a floral dragon on a stairway, coiled around a pagoda. A float rider in a Chinese dress and lovely headdress is visible (Violet Leong or Midred Ginn). The float was designed by E. M. Pitzer and was entered by the Firestone Tire and Rubber Company and was photographed at the intersection of Orange Grove Blvd. and Colorado Blvd.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.