Portrait of artist Leo Katz wearing a suit and tie, Los Angeles, 1935
- Portrait of artist Leo Katz wearing a suit and tie, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
Katz was an American painter, printer, and teacher. Katz studied at the Fine Arts Academy in Vienna. He arrived in America in 1921 and later became an American citizen.
Portrait of artist Leo Katz wearing a suit and tie. The photograph was taken in the lobby of the Frank Wiggins Trade School (now LA Trade Tech) at the time that he completed his mural panels on the theme of the history of the uses of tools serving the creative and destructive passions of man within the context of the Toltec and Aztec cultures.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .