Kennett Longley Rawson and Charles John Vincent Murphy stroll down the sidewalk, Los Angeles, 1928
- Kennett Longley Rawson and Charles John Vincent Murphy stroll down the sidewalk, Los Angeles, 1928
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- March 25, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Each of them carrying a suitcase, Rawson and Murphy walk down the sidewalk.
Murphy and Rawson have returned to America for the first time in three years, and have found themselves adjusting to many different changes, such as social security pensions. Their expedition captain Admiral Byrd is resting before the men show the scientific data collected on their expedition.
Photograph appears with the article, "Explorers of Antarctic Almost Freeze Here," Los Angeles Times, 26 Mar 1935: A8.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.