Members of Boy Scout Troop 47, who were marooned overnight in the Arroyo Seco Canyon, Los Angeles, December 9, 1946
- Members of Boy Scout Troop 47, who were marooned overnight in the Arroyo Seco Canyon, Los Angeles, December 9, 1946
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- December 9, 1946
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Members of Boy Scout Troop 47, who were marooned overnight on a bluff 1000 feet above the canyon floor in the Upper Arroyo Seco Canyon. The scouts became lost on their way back during a seven mile hike between Switzer's Camp and Oake Wilde. The troop lit matches to signal a rescue party of parents, deputy sheriffs, and county prisoners. One of the leaders, David Swaim, suffered a minor heart attack two miles from camp so the scouts carried him the rest of the way on a stretcher.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .