General view of Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- General view of Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Arnott, Andrew Hugh, 1905-1985
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
This photograph depicts a rear view of Dr. Ross Company’s float swerving down Colorado Boulevard when failed brakes sent the frightened ponies scampering.
A different photograph taken on the same occasion appears with the article, “Five Hurt as failing Float Brakes Frighten Pony Team,” Los Angeles Times, 3 Jan 1939: 2
When descending a hill on Colorado Boulevard, Dr. Ross Company’s float sped down due to failed brakes. As it gathered momentum, the driver swerved around Eagle Rock’s entry. The crowd eventually caught the runaway float and slowed it down. Several people were injured from where the ponies guiding the float went into the crowd.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.