Frank Shaw receives a special birthday cake with Justice Minor Moore and Chief James Davis, Los Angeles, 1936
- Frank Shaw receives a special birthday cake with Justice Minor Moore and Chief James Davis, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- February 1, 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Huge Cake Given Shaw," Los Angeles Times, 02 Feb 1936: A4.
Mayor Shaw, Chief Davis, and Judge Moore stand in a half-circle, Judge Moore and Mayor Shaw with their hands extended palms-up.
The newspaper photograph and this media content appear to be the exact same image, however the state-shaped cake is believed to have been edited into the newspaper's photo.
Mayor Shaw was surprised for his birthday with a sixteen pound cake shaped like Texas, thanks to the Texas Centennial Exposition at Dallas. The cake was sent with a personal message from Mayor George Sergeant of Dallas.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Moore, Minor, 1876-1958
Davis, James E. (James Edgar), 1889-1949
Shaw, Frank L., 1877-1958
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.