"Mother's Day" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1930
- "Mother's Day" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1930
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 1, 1930
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
"Mother's Day" float with Verna Richardson seated on a heart-shaped throne and attendants representing "Love," "Happiness," "Peace," and "Joy." A boy holds a sign reading "San Fernando" and 6 out-walkers attached to the float with ribbons are visible, including 2 holding a sign at the front. The float was entered by the city of San Fernando. The float is seen at the intersection of Colorado Boulevard and Orange Grove Blvd.
The theme of the 1930 forty-first annual Rose Parade was "Festival Days in Flowers"
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.