Jewel Inez Joseph, mother of Ruth Attaway who died after an abortion, in court, Los Angeles, 1935
- Jewel Inez Joseph, mother of Ruth Attaway who died after an abortion, in court, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- August 22, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Jewel Inez Joseph, mother of Ruth Attaway who died after an illegal abortion, photographed in a courtroom. Josephus appears to be exiting the witness stand during in inquest, with the judge seated on the left, possible grand jury member seated at right.
Related to Los Angeles Times article, "Writ Issued Over Death: So-called Doctor and Wife Accused of Murder in Girl Operation Case," 22 Aug. 1935.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.