Tribute float to Will Rogers at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Tribute float to Will Rogers at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Snyder, Bill
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The theme of the 1936 forty-seventh annual Rose Parade was "History in Flowers."
Float created as a tribute to Will Rogers shows a white horse, probably Soapsuds, with a lowered head and empty saddle, its reins trailing on the ground, on a raised platform. A radiant star is behind Soapsuds and a U. S. flag is draped on the platform in front of him. The float was entered by the Union Oil Company.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded