Family tree of the wealthy Wendel family of New York, 1932
- Family tree of the wealthy Wendel family of New York, 1932
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- April 22, 1932
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Family tree for the wealthy Wendel family of New York. The last of the direct descendants, Ella Wendel, died in 1931. She left her multi-million-dollar estate to several charities. In the wake of her death, 2303 people from across the country filed claims challenging her will. Among them were Anna Wendel of Los Angeles and her children, Frederick Wendel, Helen Wendel Hannah and Lorene Wendel Johnson.
Related to Los Angeles Times article, "Passport Prized by Heirs Apparent; Book May Be Key To Riches." 23 Apr. 1932: pg. A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.