King Levinsky in the ring surrounded by Sam Levinsky, Harold Steinman, and Jerry Luvadis, Los Angeles, 1934
- King Levinsky in the ring surrounded by Sam Levinsky, Harold Steinman, and Jerry Luvadis, Los Angeles, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- June 1934
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
King Levinsky has returned to Los Angeles after failing to fight Art Lasky in Chicago due to a nervous breakdown that left him hospitalized for several days. He appears to be in good health, preparing for the rescheduled fight with Lasky on June 12th.
Photograph appears with the article, "King Levinsky Opens Training For Art Lasky," Los Angeles Times, 02 June 1934: A7.
Wearing a protective helmet and boxing gloves King leans against the ring looking in the direction of the camera. Jerry offers him something to drink while Sam Levinsky and Harold Steinman stand on either side of King outside the ring. A crowd of seated men can be seen on the other side of the ring.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Boxers (Sports)--California--Los Angeles
Luvadis, Jerry, 1886-1938
Krakow, Sam, 1901 or 02-1943
Levinsky, King, 1910-1991
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.