Dance instructor Marie M. Russell after her divorce, Los Angeles, 1935
- Dance instructor Marie M. Russell after her divorce, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- December 25, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Close-up of photograph appears with the article, "Tie Severed For Elopers," Los Angeles Times, 25 Dec. 1935: 9.
Dance instructor Marie M. won a suit of divorce from husband Felix B. Russell, also a dance instructor, after an elopement to Yuma in February of 1935, which proceeded their separation in October, several months later.
The former Mrs. Russell smiles into the camera with a hat cocked over her left eye.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded