Shirley Temple, Grand Marshall, rides her float on a throne of roses at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Shirley Temple, Grand Marshall, rides her float on a throne of roses at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The Tournament of the Roses, the Crown City's New Year's gift since 1888, was reportedly successful with an estimated crowd of attendance of over a million. Grand marshal Shirley Temple rode atop a float of gardenias and blew kisses to the crowd.
Photograph appears with the article, "Rose Parade Awes 1,250,000," Los Angeles Times, 03 Jan 1939: 1, 13.
Dressed in a matching white outfit, Shirley Temple waves with a smile on her face, sitting on a large mound of flowers.
The theme for the 1939 Rose Parade was "Golden Memories."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.