General view of the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- General view of the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Different photographs taken on the same occasion appears with the article, "Rose Parade Awes 1,250,000," Los Angeles Times, 03 Jan 1939: 1.
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
Sun Valley's parade float, "Idaho Winter Wonderland," is followed by horses and a marching band. A series of car dealerships line the right side of Colorado Boulevard and a sign for Meiji Hand Laundry is visible on the left side of the street.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded