Miss Bernice McCarty compares the 1887 Los Angeles City Directory with the new and improved 1936 Los Angeles City Directory, Los Angeles, 1936
- Miss Bernice McCarty compares the 1887 Los Angeles City Directory with the new and improved 1936 Los Angeles City Directory, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- December 15, 1936
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph of Miss Bernice McCarty holding two books upright on map of the United States. The smaller book is the Los Angeles City Directory from 1887, and the larger book is the brand new 1936 Los Angeles City Directory. This photograph acts as a visual indicator to show how Los Angeles grew over time.
This photograph may be associated with the article, “NEW CITY DIRECTORY INDICATES 1,531,764 IN CITY,” Los Angeles Times, 15 Dec. 1936: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.