Shirley Marie Johnson and Donna Lee Johnson sit on their mother’s lap, upset over the loss of their father, Los Angeles, 1935
- Shirley Marie Johnson and Donna Lee Johnson sit on their mother’s lap, upset over the loss of their father, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- December 19, 1935
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
This photograph may be associated with the article, “MASSACRE HEARING SET: Death Charges Lodged Inquest Will Be Conducted Tomorrow in Slaying of Five on W.P.A. Job,” Los Angeles Times, 18 Dec. 1935: 18.
This photograph may be associated with the article, “POLICE FEAR OUT BREAK: W.P.A. Projects Guarded Precautions Also Taken for Today’s Inquest Into Slaying of Six,” Los Angeles Times, 19 Dec. 1935: A2.
This photograph may be associated with the article, “EX-WORKER MASSACRES FOUR ON JOB: Two More Men Near Death Water Carrier Runs Wild With Gun in W.P.A. Ditch; Lynch Threat Balked Walter-Carrier’s Grudge That Flared Into Orgy of Death Shown at W.P.A. Job Four W.P.A. Workers Murdered by Comrade Water Carrier Snipes At Emplyees [sic] and Shoots Down Fleeing Men; Blames ‘Persecution’,” Los Angeles Times 17 Dec. 1935: 1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded