Assailant William Hardy and detective Joe Filkas retracing the scene of the crime, Los Angeles, 1935
- Assailant William Hardy and detective Joe Filkas retracing the scene of the crime, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- February 11, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Lieutenant Joe Filkas is holding the assault weapon (hammer) used by Hardy that he admitted disposing of.
Photograph relates to article: "Child Found Near Death From Blows: Confession Made By Brother," Los Angeles Times, 12 Feb. 1935: 1.
In 1935, William Hardy confessed to the beating of his half-sister Helen Katherine Williams with a hammer. The photograph depicts Hardy in handcuffs retracing the event with investigators,
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.