"California Poppies" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- "California Poppies" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 1, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The theme of the 1935 forty-sixth annual Rose Parade was "Golden Legends."
Milk flows from a large tilted bottle tended by a milk maid (Dorothy Bowster) on the "California Poppies" float entered by the Golden State Milk Co. The milk bottle rests on a large poppy. Float riders are seated in large poppies on the front of the float and another rider is seated on a throne behind the milk bottle. The float riders are: Sue Ann Eschmeyer, Anniece Achieris, Maxine Bennett, May Jane Bowser and Joan Davids. The float was photographed at the intersection of Orange Grove Blvd. and Colorado Blvd.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded